Sign your child up
for a Free Swimming Assessment
Enroll your child in
Water Watcher Tag
Tips When Sending Your Child to Water Events
- Inform the party host about your child’s swimming ability. If you’re requiring your child to wear a Personal Floatation Device (PFD) at all times, inform the host.
- Talk with your child about going near the water only with an adult.
- Instruct your child to alert an adult if someone is playing too roughly.
- Make sure your child has a Coast Guard approved (PFD), and require that they wear it at all times if necessary.
- Send along your child’s flotation device.
- If you are concerned about the level of adult supervision, be prepared to stay around and lend another set of eyes.
THE 3 ESSENTIAL RULES OF WATER SAFETY
Test & Teach
Have your child’s swimming skills tested at your local YMCA.
Watch & Guard
Appoint an adult to supervise all pool activities. Add barriers around your pool.
THROW, DON'T GO
Throw out a flotation device or use a pole to reach a drowning child. Never jump in to save.