Sign your child up
for a Free Swimming Assessment
Enroll your child in
Water Watcher Tag
Tips for Having a Safer Water Outing
- Provide or have children and teens bring their own Coast Guard approved, properly fitted PFD (life jacket).
- Be aware of the local laws, ordinances and proper safety procedures for your watercraft.
- Never allow teens under 16 to go out alone or operate a jet ski without adult supervision.
- Always assign a passenger to serve as lookout in addition to the operator.
- Avoid alcohol.
- Enroll ahead of time in a Boating Safety course.
- Learn CPR.
THE 3 ESSENTIAL RULES OF WATER SAFETY
Test & Teach
Have your child’s swimming skills tested at your local YMCA.
Watch & Guard
Appoint an adult to supervise all pool activities. Add barriers around your pool.
THROW, DON'T GO
Throw out a flotation device or use a pole to reach a drowning child. Never jump in to save.