Sign your child up
for a Free Swimming Assessment
Enroll your child in
Water Watcher Tag
Tips When Sending Your Teen to Water Events
Teenagers are not immune from drowning incidents. Follow the water safety tips below that promote drowning prevention.
- Discuss with host family about the importance of constant adult supervision and your rules concerning jet skis, water skiing, etc.
- Talk with your teen about water safety and advise them to wear a Coast Guard approved PFD life jacket at all times.
- Remind your teen not to operate a jet ski without adult supervision.
- Tell your teen to never ride in a craft with someone under the influence of alcohol.
- Send along a Coast Guard approved life vest with your teenager.
- Enroll your teen in a Boating Safety course.
- Have your teen learn CPR.
THE 3 ESSENTIAL RULES OF WATER SAFETY
Test & Teach
Have your child’s swimming skills tested at your local YMCA.
Watch & Guard
Appoint an adult to supervise all pool activities. Add barriers around your pool.
THROW, DON'T GO
Throw out a flotation device or use a pole to reach a drowning child. Never jump in to save.